- not straight or straightforward; indirect; circuitous: roundabout answers
- encircling; enclosing; surrounding
- something that is indirect or circuitous
- ☆ a short, tight jacket or coat formerly worn by men and boys
- traffic circle
- Indirect; circuitous: took a roundabout route because the bridge was closed.
- Characterized by indirectness, evasiveness, or vagueness: a roundabout claim that avoided the issues being discussed.
- A short, close-fitting jacket.
- Chiefly British a. A merry-go-round.b. A traffic circle.
(comparative more roundabout, superlative most roundabout)
- (chiefly UK, New Zealand and Australia) A road junction at which traffic streams circularly around a central island
- (chiefly UK) A children's play apparatus, often found in parks, which rotates around a central axis when pushed.
- A fairground carousel.
- A detour
- A short, close-fitting coat or jacket worn by men or boys, especially in the 19th century.