roundabout definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- not straight or straightforward; indirect; circuitous: roundabout answers
- encircling; enclosing; surrounding
- something that is indirect or circuitous
- ☆ a short, tight jacket or coat formerly worn by men and boys
- traffic circle
roundabout definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Indirect; circuitous: “This conclusion was reached in a roundabout but nevertheless perfectly reliable way” (George Gamow).noun
- A short, close-fitting jacket.
- Chiefly British A merry-go-round.
- Chiefly British A traffic circle.