- not straight or straightforward; indirect; circuitous: roundabout answers
- encircling; enclosing; surrounding
- something that is indirect or circuitous
- ☆ a short, tight jacket or coat formerly worn by men and boys
- traffic circle
See roundabout in American Heritage Dictionary 4
Indirect; circuitous: “This conclusion was reached in a roundabout but nevertheless perfectly reliable way” (George Gamow). noun
- A short, close-fitting jacket.
- Chiefly British A merry-go-round.
- Chiefly British A traffic circle.
Learn more about roundabout