- a ride, as at an amusement park, consisting of a round, revolving platform with seats often in the form of animals; carousel
- a whirl or busy round, as of work or pleasure
- A revolving circular platform fitted with seats, often in the form of animals, ridden for amusement.
- A piece of playground equipment consisting of a small circular platform that revolves when pushed or pedaled.
- A busy round; a whirl: a merry-go-round of parties.
- carousel; a pleasure ride consisting of a slowly revolving circular platform affixed with various types of seats, frequently horses or other animals, typically found at fairs and amusement parks
- a piece of playground equipment in the style of a merry-go-round
- (figuratively) A dead-end search; a bustle of activity that gets nowhere