Dinosaurs are huge, dangerous and extinct — yet 65 million years later, they're still good for a laugh. Puns about dinosaurs are sure to delight preschoolers and paleontologists alike, as their fascinating names are perfect for clever wordplay. Read on for 35 dinosaur puns that will leave you roaring with laughter!
A good dinosaur pun never goes extinct! Check out these hilarious dinosaur puns that will please dinosaur fans of any age.
- What do you call a dinosaur with a great vocabulary? A thesaurus.
- How do you refer to a singing group of dinosaurs? A tyranno-chorus.
- Why was the Archaeopteryx so good at catching worms? Because it was an early bird.
- Why did the huge comets surprise the dinosaurs? Because they had wished for a meatier shower.
- What do dinosaurs say when the situation gets rough? Jurassic times call for Jurassic measures.
- Why don't people like playing games with Tyrannosaurus Rex? Because he's a saur loser.
- Will the new dinosaur exhibit at the Natural History Museum be popular? Remains to be seen.
- What did the paleontologist say when he thought he found a dinosaur skeleton? "Fossil arm."
- Do you know how long dinosaurs roamed the Earth? The same way that short dinosaurs did.
- What did the stegosaurus get after scraping its knee? A dino-sore.
- What do you call a dinosaur in Congress? Rep. Tile.
- How do velociraptors cut wood? With a dino-saw.
- What do you call the points in a game between Triceratops and Brachiosaurus? The dino-score.
- Why did the dinosaur take a shower after his workout? To become ex-stinked.
- Why couldn't the T. rex finish his work? He was a little short-handed.
- Why don't dinosaurs have a good sense of humor? A paleontologist took their funny bone.
- What happens when a Tyrannosaur teenager stays out too late? His mom is a nervous rex.
- How do dinosaurs like their burgers? Medium rawr.
- Who leaves presents for baby velociraptors? Santa Claws.
- Why does the triceratops make a terrible undercover agent? Because they stick out like a saur thumb.
Most dinosaur names are made of Greek or Latin roots to describe that dinosaur's characteristics. But you can find puns in almost any dinosaur name, even when it's describing a very scary lizard!
- Why can't you hear a Pterodactyl when it goes to the bathroom? Because the P is silent.
- What do you call a dinosaur who ponders the meaning of life? A philoso-raptor.
- Which dinosaur is scariest? The terror-dactyl.
- Which is the friendliest British dinosaur? The "allo"saurus.
- Which dinosaur loves the merry-go-round? Spinosaurus.
- What happens when a Tyrannosaur drives too fast? Tyrannosaurus wrecks.
- What do retail worker dinosaurs ask around the holidays? "Do you want these gifts raptor not?"
- Which dinosaur always wants a bargain when he shops? Mega-low-saurus (megalosaurus).
- What is the most magical dinosaur? Diplo-pocus (diplodocus).
- Which is the clumsiest dinosaur? Break-iosaur (brachiosaur).
- Who is a dinosaur's best friend? Iguano-dog (iguanodon).
- Which dinosaur is the most neurotic? Parasaurolo-fuss (parasaurolophus).
- What dinosaur hangs out in lunch boxes? A peanut butter and jeholopterus.
- How do dinosaurs feel when they step in poison oak? Ichthyosaur.
- Which dinosaur is best at yard work? Mows-asaurus (mosasaurus).
Dinosaur puns will make you giggle, guffaw, groan, or even learn! But they're not the only type of pun for a laugh. Fans of dinosaur puns will love these science puns that are the perfect blend between silly and scientific. Or, if you're in more of a pirate-y mood, check out some pirate puns that can help with your buccaneer banter!