- The definition of publication is something that is written and printed.
A magazine is an example of a publication.
publication definition by Webster's New World
- a publishing or being published; public notification
- the printing and distribution, usually for sale, of books, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- something published; specif.,
- a periodical
- a work of a particular writer, as an article or book
Origin: Middle English publicacioun ; from Classical Latin publicatio ; from publicare: see publish
publication definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or process of publishing printed matter.
- An issue of printed material offered for sale or distribution.
- Communication of information to the public.
Origin: Middle English publicacioun, act of making public, from Old French publicacion, from Latin pūblicātiō, pūblicātiōn-, from pūblicātus, past participle of pūblicāre, to make public, from pūblicus, public; see public.
publication - Legal Definition