A businessman is reading a magazine publication.
A magazine is an example of a publication.
- a publishing or being published; public notification
- the printing and distribution, usually for sale, of books, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- something published; specif.,
- a periodical
- a work of a particular writer, as an article or book
Origin of publicationMiddle English publicacioun from Classical Latin publicatio from publicare: see publish
- The act or process of publishing matter in print or electronic form.
- An issue of printed or electronic matter, such as a book or magazine, offered for distribution or sale.
- Communication of information to the public: the publication of the latest unemployment figures.
Origin of publicationMiddle English publicacioun act of making public from Old French publicacion from Latin pūblicātiō pūblicātiōn- from pūblicātus past participle of pūblicāre to make public from pūblicus public ; see public .
(countable and uncountable, plural publications)
From Old French publicacion, from Latin publicatio,
publication - Legal Definition