- Notification is the act of telling someone something, or the method in way notice is given.
- If your phone beeps when your email comes in, this is an example of a notification.
- If you receive a letter saying your electricity will be turned off if the overdue bill is not paid is an example of a notification.
notification definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a notifying or being notified
- the notice given or received
- the letter, form, etc. used to convey such a notice
Origin: Middle English notificacioun ; from Middle French notification
notification definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or an instance of notifying.
- Something, such as a letter, by which notice is given.