- Disclosure is defined as the act of revealing or something that is revealed.
- An example of disclosure is the announcement of a family secret.
- An example of a disclosure is the family secret which is told.
- a disclosing or being disclosed
- a thing disclosed; revelation
- The act or process of revealing or uncovering.
- Something uncovered; a revelation.
From Latin dis-+clausus, literally away+enclosed.
disclosure - Investment & Finance Definition
Information released to the public by companies in order to comply with stock exchange and Securities and Exchange Commission rules requiring that the public and professional investors have simultaneous access to information about the company, its products, and specific transactions.
disclosure - Legal Definition