advertisement[ad′vər tīz′mənt; əd vʉr′tiz mənt, -tis-]
- The definition of an advertisement is an announcement, particularly for items or services that are up for sale, rent or which are available.
A commercial about the benefits of a brand of dog food, a page in a magazine promoting a sports drink and a flyer about party entertainment services are each an example of an advertisement.
- the act of advertising
- a public notice or announcement, usually paid for, as of things for sale, needs, etc.
- The act of advertising.
- A notice, such as a poster or a paid announcement in the print, broadcast, or electronic media, designed to attract public attention or patronage.
- (marketing) A commercial solicitation designed to sell some commodity, service or similar.
- Companies try to sell their products using advertisements in form of placards, television spots and print publications.
- A public notice.
- The city council placed an advertisement in the local newspaper to inform its residents of the forthcoming roadworks.
- A recommendation of a particular product, service or person.
- The people gave a good advertisement for Wiktionary.