- simple past tense and past participle of advertise
- The definition of advertised is to have encouraged people to buy something by pointing out its positive qualities/aspects through the use of the media.
An example of advertised is when a household cleaner has been shown in TV commercials, elaborating on its amazing ability to make cleaning a snap.
- Advertised is defined as to have sought out a person, place, or thing.
An example of advertised is when a couple found their nanny by putting an ad in the paper.
- Advertised means to have made something known to the public, usually through some type of paid media.
An example of advertised is when a political candidate made themselves known to the public by having done interviews and commercials on the radio.
- It is wonderful with what elaborateness this simple fact is advertised--this piscine murder will out--and from my distant perch I distinguish the circling undulations when they are half a dozen rods in diameter.
- Hares, too, are dyed a sable colour and advertised as sable.
- The first two volumes of Tristram Shandy were issued at York in 1759 and advertised in London on the 1st of January 1760, and at once made a sensation.
- Cigarettes were advertised on TV and in magazines and their packages carried no warnings.
- Instead, I called the number advertised on the television announcement.