- An example of advertising is a company specializing in designing and implementing newsprint ads for other company’s products.
- An example of advertising is when Victoria's Secret runs their annual fashion show on television to showcase their new lingerie.
The definition of advertising is the business or act of making something known to the public, usually through some type of paid media.
- printed or broadcast matter that advertises; advertisements collectively
- the business or occupation of preparing and issuing advertisements
- The activity of attracting public attention to a product or business, as by paid announcements in the print, broadcast, or electronic media.
- The business of designing and writing advertisements.
- Advertisements considered as a group: This paper takes no advertising.
- Present participle of advertise.
(countable and uncountable, plural advertisings)
- Communication whose purpose is to influence potential customers about products and services.