- Present participle of noise.
Variant of noise
- loud or confused shouting; din of voices; clamor
- any loud, discordant, or disagreeable sound or sounds
- a sound of any kind: the noise of the rain
- gossip; rumor; scandal
- a protest or accusation
- something that draws public notice
- Electronics any unwanted electrical signal, esp. within a communication system, that interferes with the sound or image being communicated
Origin of noiseMiddle English ; from Old French noise, quarreling, clamor ; from Classical Latin nausea: see nausea
transitive verbnoised, noising
to spread about (a report, rumor, etc.): usually with about, around, abroad, etc.
- to talk much or loudly
- to make noise or a noise