Part of publishing a book involves marketing which can include attending book signings at a bookstore.
Publishing is the job of editing, creating and marketing of written and recorded material and software.
An example of publishing is creating copies of books for a mass audience.
the business or profession of editing, producing, and marketing books, newspapers, magazines, printed music, and, now also, audiobooks, software, etc.
- Present participle of publish.
- France is represented by the publishing firms of Ch.
- Returning to Hungary, he was appointed professor of Oriental languages in the university of Budapest: there he settled down, contributing largely to periodicals, and publishing a number of books, chiefly in German and Hungarian.
- After bringing out these plays Terence sailed from Greek parts, either to escape from the suspicion of publishing the works of others as his own, or from the desire to obtain a more intimate knowledge of that Greek life which had hitherto been known to him only in literature and which it was his professed aim to reproduce in his comedies.
- By the middle of the 19th century topographical maps of the various German states had been completed, and in several instances surveys of a more exact nature had been completed or begun, when in 1878 the governments of Prussia, Saxony, Bavaria and Wurttemberg agreed to supersede local maps by publishing a map of the empire (Reichskarte) in 674 sheets on a scale of i:roo,000.
- He is also from Austin, and he's in Internet publishing, too.