- the act of advertising
- a public notice or announcement, usually paid for, as of things for sale, needs, etc.
The definition of an advertisement is an announcement, particularly for items or services that are up for sale, rent or which are available.
A commercial about the benefits of a brand of dog food, a page in a magazine promoting a sports drink and a flyer about party entertainment services are each an example of an advertisement.
- The act of advertising.
- A notice, such as a poster or a paid announcement in the print, broadcast, or electronic media, designed to attract public attention or patronage.
- (marketing) A commercial solicitation designed to sell some commodity, service or similar.
- Companies try to sell their products using advertisements in form of placards, television spots and print publications.
- A public notice.
- The city council placed an advertisement in the local newspaper to inform its residents of the forthcoming roadworks.
- A recommendation of a particular product, service or person.
- The people gave a good advertisement for Wiktionary.
- Despite the spam and advertisement web sites, there are a number of places you can get free wallpapers for your cell phone that are not only legal but are also absolutely 100% free with no strings attached.
- The company also launched a division that produces direct-selling advertisement (also known as infomercials) for other networks and has expanded its relationship with other television networks and publications.
- After the children's overalls were featured in a national advertisement, sales skyrocketed, and OshKosh expanded its line of children's clothing and eventually began manufacturing only children's products and accessories.
- Most gas station owners use the clever tactic of placing credit card applications right on the pumps alongside an advertisement that shows customers how much money they can potentially save by using one of the cards.
- In addition, free information is an excellent marketing tool, so be prepared that there may be an advertisement for additional paid services or information along with some of the free information you receive.