The definition of a solicitation is a request especially to a person of higher authority, or a request to do something unlawful.
An example of a solicitation is trying to convince someone to participate in a robbery.
solicitation - Legal Definition
A request or petition intended to obtain something; criminally urging, advising, or ordering someone to commit a crime; offering to pay for sex or requesting money in exchange for sex; an attempt to increase the number of one’s actual or potential clientele.
- Four percent of children received aggressive solicitation from adults who attempted to meet the children in person, compared to 3 percent in 2000.
- Thus, in 1480, when a Turkish fleet seized Otranto, Matthias, at the earnest solicitation of the pope, sent Balasz Magyar to recover the fortress, which surrendered to him on the 10th of May 1481.
- This was his first public office, and it came to him, like all later preferments, without any solicitation of his own.
- The letter certainly reads like solicitation in the customary halfveiled form.
- A foe to tyranny in every shape, he was decidedly hostile to the policy of Bonaparte, and constantly rejected every solicitation to accept a place under his government.