- The definition of commercial is something related to doing business or for business purposes.
An example of commercial is a restaurant refrigerator.
- Commercial is defined as a paid advertisement.
An example of commercial is an advertisement for soda or cereal.
commercial definition by Webster's New World
- of or connected with commerce or trade
- of or having to do with stores, office buildings, etc.: commercial property
- of a lower grade, or for use in large quantities in industry: commercial sulfuric acid
- made, done, or operating primarily for profit
- designed to have wide popular appeal
- offering training in business skills, methods, etc.
- Radio, TV paid for by sponsors
Radio, TV a paid advertisement
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- commercially adverb
commercial definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. Of or relating to commerce: a commercial loan; a commercial attaché.b. Engaged in commerce: a commercial trucker.c. Involved in work that is intended for the mass market: a commercial artist.
- Of, relating to, or being goods, often unrefined, produced and distributed in large quantities for use by industry.
- Having profit as a chief aim: a commercial book, not a scholarly tome.
- Sponsored by an advertiser or supported by advertising: commercial television.
A paid advertisement on television or radio.
- com·merˈcial·ly adverb
commercial - Business Definition
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Business Terms Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- An advertising message presented through a media outlet such as radio, television, or a theater.
- Of or pertaining to an organization engaged in commerce.