- The definition of commercial is something related to doing business or for business purposes.
An example of commercial is a restaurant refrigerator.
- Commercial is defined as a paid advertisement.
An example of commercial is an advertisement for soda or cereal.
- of or connected with commerce or trade
- of or having to do with stores, office buildings, etc.: commercial property
- of a lower grade, or for use in large quantities in industry: commercial sulfuric acid
- made, done, or operating primarily for profit
- designed to have wide popular appeal
- offering training in business skills, methods, etc.
- Radio, TV paid for by sponsors
- commercially adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Of or relating to commerce: a commercial loan; a commercial attaché.b. Engaged in commerce: a commercial trucker.c. Involved in work that is intended for the mass market: a commercial artist.
- Of, relating to, or being goods, often unrefined, produced and distributed in large quantities for use by industry.
- Having profit as a chief aim: a commercial book, not a scholarly tome.
- Sponsored by an advertiser or supported by advertising: commercial television.
- com·merˈcial·ly adverb
commercial - Business Definition
- An advertising message presented through a media outlet such as radio, television, or a theater.
- Of or pertaining to an organization engaged in commerce.
commercial - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.