- The definition of commercial is something related to doing business or for business purposes.
An example of commercial is a restaurant refrigerator.
- Commercial is defined as a paid advertisement.
An example of commercial is an advertisement for soda or cereal.
- of or connected with commerce or trade
- of or having to do with stores, office buildings, etc.: commercial property
- of a lower grade, or for use in large quantities in industry: commercial sulfuric acid
- made, done, or operating primarily for profit
- designed to have wide popular appeal
- offering training in business skills, methods, etc.
- paid for by sponsors
- a. Of or relating to commerce: a commercial loan; a commercial attaché.b. Engaged in commerce: a commercial trucker.
- Relating to or being goods that are produced and distributed in large quantities.
- a. Having profit as a chief aim: a commercial publisher.b. Intended for or appealing to a large audience: commercial art.
- Sponsored by an advertiser or paid for by advertising: commercial television.
(comparative more commercial, superlative most commercial)
- Of or pertaining to commerce.