- The definition of economic is something related to the management of income, expenses, money or wealth.
An example of economic are the policies of a government to distribute and stabilize the wealth of the citizens.
economic definition by Webster's New World
- of or having to do with the management of the income, expenditures, etc. of a household, business, community, or government
- of or having to do with the production, distribution, and consumption of wealth
- of or having to do with economics
- of or having to do with the satisfaction of people's material needs : economic biology
- economical (sense )
Origin: Classical Latin oeconomicus ; from Classical Greek oikonomia: see economy
economic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Of or relating to the production, development, and management of material wealth, as of a country, household, or business enterprise.b. Of or relating to an economy: a period of sustained economic growth.
- Of or relating to the science of economics: new economic theories regarding the effects of deficit spending.
- Of or relating to the practical necessities of life; material: wrote the book primarily for economic reasons.
- a. Financially rewarding; economical: It was no longer economic to keep the manufacturing facilities open.b. Efficient; economical: an economic use of home heating oil.