- The definition of eco is something that is environmentally friendly or sustainable.
An example of eco friendly is a yoga mat that is made of rainforest friendly rubber.
- Eco is defined as the domain extension for a website for subjects on the environment, habitat or surroundings.
An example of .eco is a website for Greenpeace at www.greenpeace.eco
- Eco is defined as the environment, habitat or surroundings.
An example of eco is ecology.
- environment or habitat: ecotype
- ecology; ecological: often used in nonce compounds: eco-tourism, ecohero
Origin of eco-Late Latin oeco- from Classical Greek oiko- from oikos, house: from Indo-European base an unverified form wei?o, house, settlement from source Old English wic, house, village, Classical Latin vicus, group of houses, villa, country house, farm
Origin of eco-From ecology
Shortening of ecology
- A proposed name for the common currency that the West African Monetary Zone plans to introduce in the framework of Economic Community of West African States.
From ECOWAS, the Economic Community of West African States, who propose to use the currency.