- the act of making thread or yarn from fibers or filaments
- the act of fishing with a rod that has a fixed spool, a light line, and light lures
- The process of making fibrous material into yarn or thread.
- The act of fishing with a light rod and a reel having a bail or similar device that guides the line around a stationary spool and that can be disengaged to let the line run freely, as when casting. Also called spin casting, spin fishing.
- Present participle of spin.
spinning - Investment & Finance Definition
The act of allocating shares in hot initial public offerings to corporate executives and their boards of directors to induce them to award future lucrative investment banking work to the bank giving out the shares. The term came into public consciousness after the stock market and the initial public offering markets collapsed in the early 2000s.