The act, sport, or technique of riding or racing on a bicycle, motorcycle, or similar vehicle.
Relating to or used in cycling.
- Present participle of cycle.
(countable and uncountable, plural cyclings)
- That undergoes a cyclic motion or process
Variant of cycle
- a recurring period of a definite number of years, used as a measure of time
- a period of time within which a round of regularly recurring events or phenomena is completed: the business cycle
- a complete set of events or phenomena recurring in the same sequence
- a very long period of time; an age
- all of the traditional or legendary poems, songs, etc. connected with a hero or an event: the Charlemagne cycle
- a series of poems or songs on the same theme
- a bicycle, tricycle, or motorcycle
- Astron., Archaic the orbit of a celestial body
- Biol. a recurring series of functional changes or events
- Elec. one complete period of the reversal of an alternating current from positive to negative and back again
Origin of cycleMiddle English cicle ; from Late Latin cyclus ; from Classical Greek kyklos, a circle, cycle: see wheel