- of, or having the nature of, a cycle; moving or occurring in cycles
- Chem. of or relating to a major group of organic compounds, structured in closed chains, including aromatic, alicyclic, and heterocyclic compounds
- a. Of, relating to, or characterized by cycles: a cyclic pattern of weather changes.b. Recurring or moving in cycles: cyclical history.
- Chemistry Of or relating to compounds having atoms arranged in a ring or closed-chain structure.
- Botany a. Having parts arranged in a whorl.b. Forming a whorl.
(comparative more cyclic, superlative most cyclic)
- Characterized by, or moving in cycles, or happening at regular intervals
- The weather had a cyclic pattern of rain and sun.
- (chemistry) Of a compound having chains of atoms arranged in a ring
- Benzene and cyclohexane are both cyclic compounds.
- (botany) Having parts arranged in a whorl
- (mathematics, of a group) being generated by only one element
- (geometry, of a polygon) able to be inscribed in a circle