- of, or having the nature of, a cycle; moving or occurring in cycles
- Chem. of or relating to a major group of organic compounds, structured in closed chains, including aromatic, alicyclic, and heterocyclic compounds
See cyclic in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. Of, relating to, or characterized by cycles: a cyclic pattern of weather changes.
b. Recurring or moving in cycles: cyclical history.
- Chemistry Of or relating to compounds having atoms arranged in a ring or closed-chain structure.
a. Having parts arranged in a whorl.
b. Forming a whorl.
- Linguistics Of, relating to, or characterized by the cycle: a cyclic application of a rule.
- cyˌcli·calˈi·ty (sĭkˌlə-kălˈĭ-tē, sīˌklə-) noun
Learn more about cyclic