A woman looking through periodicals at the book store.
- The definition of periodical is something that occurs at fixed or regular intervals.
When you visit your doctor every two months, this is an example of a situation where you make periodical visits to your doctor.
- Periodical is defined as a magazine or newspaper that comes out at fixed or regular intervals.
A weekly newspaper is an example of a periodical.
- published at regular intervals, as weekly, monthly, etc.
- of a periodical
- a. Published at regular intervals of more than one day.b. Of or relating to a publication issued at such intervals.
- A publication issued regularly, but less frequently than daily.
- A publication that appears at fixed intervals.
- A publication that often contains the most current information in the field, on every conceivable topic, often in greater detail than other publication formats.
- The primary means for communication of original scholarship or creative work at the cutting edge of research in almost all fields.
(comparative more periodical, superlative most periodical)
periodic +"Ž -al.