- The definition of a cloak is a long loose fitting piece of clothing worn over other clothes, sometimes with a hood and loose fitting arm holes.
An example of a cloak is the cape that the Jedi wear in Star Wars.
- To cloak is defined as to cover or hide.
An example of to cloak is for a celebrity to wear a big hat and sunglasses so they aren't recognized in public.
A woman wearing a long black cloak.
cloak definition by Webster's New World
- a loose outer garment, usually sleeveless and extending to or below the knees
- something that covers or conceals; disguise
Origin: Middle English cloke, cloak ; from Old French ; from Midieval Latin clocca (see clock), a bell, cloak: so called from its bell-like appearance
- to cover with or as with a cloak
- to conceal; hide
cloak definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A loose outer garment, such as a cape.
- Something that covers or conceals: a cloak of secrecy.
Origin: Middle English cloke, from Old North French cloque, cloak, bell (from its shape), from Medieval Latin clocca; see clock1.