coloring definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or art of applying colors
- anything applied to impart color; pigment, dye, stain, etc.
- the way a thing is naturally colored; coloration
- the effect created by a particular use of color
- the color of the skin
- specious or false appearance
- alteration or influence
coloring definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The art, manner, or process of applying color.
- A substance used to color something.
- Appearance with regard to color.
- Characteristic aspect, tone, or style.
- False or misleading appearance.