- the art or process of applying gold leaf or a substance like gold to a surface
- the substance so applied
- an outward appearance covering unpleasant facts, reality, etc.
- The art or process of applying gilt to a surface.
- A thin layer of gold or a paint containing or simulating gold; gilt.
- Something used to give a superficially attractive appearance.
- Present participle of gild.
(countable and uncountable, plural gildings)
- (uncountable) The art of applying gold leaf to a surface
- (uncountable) Gold leaf
- (countable) A coating of gold, etc.