- A waning; a decline: “The final factor in the fading of the Renaissance was the Counter Reformation” ( Will Durant )
- Fluctuation in the strength of radio signals because of variations in the transmission medium.
- Present participle of fade..
- fading light; fading memory; fading reputation
- The act of something that fades; gradual diminishment.
- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- delicate burthens of dildos and fadings
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.