- An example of reveal is a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
- An example of reveal is a magician showing the audience how she pulled a rabbit of her hat.
- An example of reveal is someone telling you their deep dark secret.
- to make known (something hidden or kept secret); disclose; divulge
- to expose to view; show; exhibit; display
- Theol. to make known by supernatural or divine means
Origin of revealMiddle English revelen ; from Old French reveler ; from Classical Latin revelare, literally , to draw back the veil ; from re-, back + velum, veil
Origin of revealterm used by stage magicians
- that part of the side of an opening for a window or door which is between the outer edge of the opening and the frame of the window or door
- the entire side of such an opening; jamb
Origin of reveal; from Middle English revalen, to bring down ; from Middle French revaler ; from re-, back + avaler, to lower ; from aval, downward ; from à (L ad, to) + val, vale
transitive verbre·vealed, re·veal·ing, re·veals
- a. To make known (something concealed or unknown): She revealed that she was pregnant. The study revealed the toxic effects of the pollutant.b. To cause to be seen; show: The curtains parted, revealing a ballerina. The x-ray revealed a broken bone.
- To make known by supernatural or divine means: “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven” (Romans 1:18).
Origin of revealMiddle English revelen, from Old French reveler, from Latin rev&emacron;lare : re-, re- + v&emacron;lare, to cover (from v&emacron;lum, veil).
- a. The part of the side of a window or door opening that is between the outer surface of a wall and the window or door frame.b. The whole side of such an opening; the jamb.
- The framework of a motor vehicle window.
Origin of revealFrom Middle English revalen, to lower, from Old French revaler : re-, re- + avaler, to lower (from a val, down : a, to from Latin ad; see ad– + val, valley; see vale1).
(third-person singular simple present reveals, present participle revealing, simple past and past participle revealed)