- to make known; disclose; reveal
- to lay bare or open by removing a covering
- to remove the cover or protection from
- to remove the hat, cap, etc. from (the head), as a conventional gesture of respect
- to bare the head, as in respect
- to remove a cover or coverings
See uncover in American Heritage Dictionary 4
, un·cov·ers verb, transitive
- To remove the cover from: uncovered the saucepan.
- To manifest or disclose; reveal: uncovered new evidence.
- To remove the hat from, as in respect or reverence.
- To remove a cover.
- To bare the head in respect or reverence.
Learn more about uncover