A man uncovers a picture of the sky.
uncover definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- to make known; disclose; reveal
- to lay bare or open by removing a covering
- to remove the cover or protection from
- to remove the hat, cap, etc. from (the head), as a conventional gesture of respect
- to bare the head, as in respect
- to remove a cover or coverings
uncover definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb un·cov·ered, un·cov·er·ing, un·cov·ers verb, transitive
- To remove the cover from: uncovered the saucepan.
- To manifest or disclose; reveal: uncovered new evidence.
- To remove the hat from, as in respect or reverence.
- To remove a cover.
- To bare the head in respect or reverence.