- Provocation is defined as something that gets someone to act, especially out of irritation.
A mosquito’s buzzing prompting someone to swat it is an example of provocation.
- an act or instance of provoking
- something that provokes; esp., a cause of resentment or irritation
Origin of provocationMiddle English provocacion ; from Middle French provocation ; from Classical Latin provocatio
- The act of provoking or inciting.
- Something that provokes.
Origin of provocationMiddle English provocacioun, from Old French provocation, from Latin prōvocātiō, prōvocātiōn-, a challenging, from prōvocātus, past participle of prōvocāre, to challenge; see provoke.
- The act of provoking, inciting or annoying someone into doing something
- Something that provokes; a provocative act
- (emergency medicine) The second step in OPQRST regarding the investigation of what makes the symptoms MOI or NOI improve or deteriorate.
- When it's time to check for provocation ask the patient about what makes their chief complaint better or worse.