- The definition of an inducement is a bribe or something that persuades someone to do something.
An example of an inducement is when you do not want to go to a party and your friend tells you that the boy you have a crush on is going to be there in order to get you to go.
inducement definition by Webster's New World
- an inducing or being induced
- anything that induces; motive; incentive
- an explanatory introduction in a pleading
- the benefit which a party is to receive for entering into a contract
inducement definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Something that helps bring about an action or a desired result; an incentive: tax breaks intended as an inducement to greater reinvestment.
- The act or process of inducing: inducement of sleep.
- Law An introductory or background statement explaining the main allegations in a proceeding.
inducement - Legal Definition