- a. Relating to or suffering from claustrophobia.b. Uncomfortably closed or hemmed in.
- Tending to induce claustrophobia; uncomfortably confined or crowded: a claustrophobic little room.
(comparative more claustrophobic, superlative most claustrophobic)
- (psychology) Suffering from claustrophobia; being scared of being enclosed in a confined space.
- Cramped and confined, so as to induce claustrophobia.
- Someone with claustrophobia
claustrophobia +"Ž -ic
Variant of claustrophobia
Origin of claustrophobia; from Classical Latin claustrum (see cloister) + -phobia