- An example of catty is a group of women who are constantly hurting each other’s feelings with comments about weight gain.
- An example of catty is someone who lounges in the sun all day like a cat.
- of or like a cat
- spiteful, mean, malicious, etc.
Origin of cattyMalay k?t?: see caddy
- Subtly cruel or malicious; spiteful: a catty remark.
- Catlike; stealthy.
Origin of cattyMalay kati.
(comparative cattier, superlative cattiest)
- (informal, of a person or remark) With subtle hostility in an effort to hurt, annoy, or upset.
- (informal) Resembling or characteristic of a cat.
- a catty smell
cat + -y