- an annoying or being annoyed
- a thing or person that annoys
A person who constantly pries into other people's business is an example of an annoyance.
- The act of annoying or the state of being annoyed.
- A cause of irritation or vexation; a nuisance.
(countable and uncountable, plural annoyances)
Old French anuiance, anoiance, from the verb anuier (“to cause problems”). Compare Modern French ennui
- The reasons for his annoyance are now well known.
- She couldn't help feeling familiar annoyance at him as she turned away from him.
- The dust caused much annoyance whenever there was any wind.
- They must have stores there, said my wife, annoyance ringing in her voice.
- Occasionally a little breeze puffed in but it was more of an annoyance than a help, scattering papers and patience in a hot breath of sweat and exhaust.