a person who announces; specif., one who introduces radio or television programs, identifies the station, reads the news, etc.
One that announces, especially a person who introduces programs, reads announcements, or provides commentary on television or radio.
- One who makes announcements.
- The announcer that is your commanding officer sounds oddly like the Principal from Only The Strong starring Mark Dacascos, but I couldn't find his name in the credits.
- After you set out the Twister mat and put the Twister Moves CD in the player, you must listen carefully as the announcer on the tracks calls out the dance moves.
- Have you noticed that, for the past twenty years or so, the majority of movie trailers seem to feature the same voice-over announcer?
- Max Headroom started life innocently enough, as a supposedly-digital announcer on a music video show on Britain's Channel 4 in 1985.
- A successful movie commercial needs a good voice over announcer, and Don LaFontaine has created the way modern movie trailers sound.