Exasperation is defined as a feeling of aggravation or annoyance.
An example of exasperation is what you feel when your child has asked you for the 200th time if he can have some candy.
- The act or an instance of exasperating.
- The state of being exasperated; frustrated annoyance.
NounSee also: exaspération
(countable and uncountable, plural exasperations)
- Katie said with exasperation in her tone.
- The exasperation showed on Cynthia's face.
- She saw with sorrow, and sometimes with exasperation, symptoms of a growing attachment between her son and the portionless Sonya.
- Entertained by her exasperation, Xander's anger subsided.
- If peace were made, the armies would return home and the directors would have to face the exasperation of the rank and file who had lost their livelihood, as well as the ambition of generals who could in a moment brush them aside.