An example of something that would be described as pathological is pathological gambling which is gambling obsessively until you lose your entire life savings.
- of pathology; of or concerned with diseases
- due to or involving disease
- governed by a compulsion; compulsive: a pathological liar
- Of or relating to pathology.
- Relating to or caused by disease.
- Of, relating to, or manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive: a pathological liar.
(comparative more pathological, superlative most pathological)
- (medicine) Pertaining to pathology.
- (medicine) Relating to, amounting to, causing, or caused by a physical or mental disorder.
- (mathematics) Having properties which are counterintuitive or difficult to handle.
- (computer science) Having properties that cause unusually bad behaviour, especially regarding correctness or performance.
- pathology +"Ž -ical