- not equal, as in size, strength, ability, value, rank, number, amount, etc.
- not balanced or symmetrical: an unequal pattern
- that matches unequal contestants: an unequal battle
- not even, regular, or uniform; variable; fluctuating
- not equal or adequate: with to: unequal to the task
- Now Rare not equitable; unjust; unfair
a person or thing not equal to another
- Not the same in any measurable aspect, such as extent or quantity.
- Not the same as another in rank or social position.
- Consisting of ill-matched opponents: an unequal race.
- Having unbalanced sides or parts; asymmetric.
- Not even or consistent; variable.
- Not having the required abilities; inadequate: “It was maddening to be unequal to many enterprises” (D.H. Lawrence).
- Not fair. See Usage Note at equal.
One that is not the equal of another.
un- +"Ž equal