- The definition of a cripple is a derogatory term for a person or animal that is unable to use the limbs in the usual way.
An example of a cripple is a deer who can't walk.
- Cripple is defined as to disable or make unable to function properly.
An example of cripple is to lose the use of your legs in a car accident.An example of cripple is when a group of airline pilots refuse to fly which, in turn, keeps an airline from flying on time.
cripple definition by Webster's New World
- a person or animal that is lame or otherwise disabled in a way that prevents normal motion of the limbs or body: somewhat offensive when used to refer to a person
- ☆ Dialectal thicketed, swampy or low, wet land
Origin: Middle English cripel ; from Old English crypel (akin to German krüppel) ; from base of creopan: see creep
- crippler noun
cripple definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A person or animal that is partially disabled or unable to use a limb or limbs: cannot race a horse that is a cripple.
- A damaged or defective object or device.
- To cause to lose the use of a limb or limbs.
- To disable, damage, or impair the functioning of: a strike that crippled the factory.
Origin: Middle English crepel, from Old English crypel.
- cripˈpler noun
cripple - Medical Definition