The definition of deficient is a person of thing that is incomplete or lacking something needed.adjective
An example of deficient is a person who does not have enought iron; the person is iron deficient.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- lacking in some essential; incomplete; defective
- inadequate in amount, quality, or degree; not sufficient
Origin: L deficiens: see deficiency
- deficiently adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Lacking an essential quality or element: deficient in common sense.
- Inadequate in amount or degree; insufficient: a deficient education.
Origin: Latin dēficiēns, dēficient-, present participle of dēficere, to fail, be wanting; see defect.
- de·fiˈcient noun
- de·fiˈcient·ly adverb
deficient - Medical Definition
- Lacking an essential quality or element.
- Inadequate in amount or degree; insufficient.