- The definition of flawless is perfect, without mistakes, weaknesses, imperfections or shortcomings.
A performance by a pianist in which he did not make a single mistake is an example of a flawless performance.
(comparative more flawless, superlative most flawless)
- Perfect; without flaws, shortcomings or defects.
- The pianist's performance this evening was flawless.
Variant of flaw
- a break, scratch, crack, etc. that spoils something; blemish: a flaw in a diamond
- a defect; fault; error: a flaw in a legal document, in one's reasoning, etc.
Origin of flawMiddle English a flake, scale, splinter, probably ; from or akin to Old Norse flaga, thin layer: for Indo-European base see flake