- The definition of intact is something that is complete and that has not been damaged in any way.
An example of intact is a 36-piece set of military figures that has not been broken.
Origin of intactMiddle English intacte ; from Classical Latin intactus ; from in-, not + tactus, past participle of tangere, to touch: see tact
- Remaining sound, entire, or uninjured; not impaired in any way.
- Having all physical parts, especially:a. Having the hymen unbroken.b. Not castrated.
Origin of intactMiddle English, from Latin intāctus : in-, not; see in–1 + tāctus, past participle of tangere, to touch; see tag- in Indo-European roots.
- Untouched, especially by anything that harms, defiles, or the like; uninjured; whole; undefiled; left complete or entire; not damaged.
- I packed my belongings carefully so that they would survive the move intact.
- Uncircumcised; commonly used to describe a penis with a foreskin in intactivism.
- The opposite of a circumcised penis is an intact penis.