- that ascends
- Bot. rising or curving upward from a trailing position, as the stems of certain vines and shrubs
The definition of ascending is something that is going up.
An escalator that takes you to a higher floor is an example of an ascending escalator.
- Moving, going, or growing upward: an ascending minor scale.
- Moving or progressing toward a higher level or degree: an ascending order of difficulty.
- Botany Growing or directing upward from a curved or slanted base, as certain plant stems.
- Present participle of ascend.
- Rather than join them, she paced the hall before following it to its end and ascending to the roof.
- The soldiers were ascending the hill breathing heavily, and despite the general's presence were talking loudly and gesticulating.
- In all these cases it is a nice question whether we are tracing an ascending or descending stream.
- In the ascending stream may be mentionedLarrea, a small genus of Zygophylleae with headquarters in Paraguay and Chile, of which one species, L.
- It is shown in the article on Combinatorial Analysis that (w; 0,n) is the coefficient of a e z w in the ascending expansion of the fraction 1-a.