singsong definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a monotonous rise and fall of tone, as in speaking
- speech, tones, etc. marked by this
- monotonous, stereotyped rhyme or rhythm in verse
- verse marked by this
- Brit. sing
in or like a singsong
singsong definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Verse characterized by mechanical regularity of rhythm and rhyme.
- A monotonously rising and falling inflection of the voice.
Monotonous in vocal inflection or rhythm.
- singˈsongˌy adjective