- The definition of risible is a person or thing with the ability to laugh, is related to laughing or is funny.
- An example of risible is a monkey capable of laughing.
- An example of risible is the comedy of Tina Fey.
risible definition by Webster's New World
- able or inclined to laugh
- of or connected with laughter
- causing laughter; laughable; funny; amusing
Origin: French ; from Late Latin risibilis ; from Classical Latin risus, past participle of ridere, to laugh: see ridicule
risible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Relating to laughter or used in eliciting laughter.
- Eliciting laughter; ludicrous.
- Capable of laughing or inclined to laugh.
Origin: Late Latin rīsibilis, from Latin rīsus, past participle of rīdēre, to laugh.
- risˈi·bly adverb