- The definition of risible is a person or thing with the ability to laugh, is related to laughing or is funny.
- An example of risible is a monkey capable of laughing.
- An example of risible is the comedy of Tina Fey.
- able or inclined to laugh
- of or connected with laughter
- causing laughter; laughable; funny; amusing
Origin of risibleFrench ; from Late Latin risibilis ; from Classical Latin risus, past participle of ridere, to laugh: see ridicule
- Relating to laughter or used in eliciting laughter.
- Eliciting laughter; ludicrous.
- Capable of laughing or inclined to laugh.
Origin of risibleLate Latin rīsibilis, from Latin rīsus, past participle of rīdēre, to laugh.
(comparative more risible, superlative most risible)
From French risible. from Late Latin rÄ«sibilis, rÄ«sus (â€œlaughterâ€) + -ibilis, from the perfect passive participle of rÄ«deÅ (â€œlaughâ€).