- An example of risible is a monkey capable of laughing.
- An example of risible is the comedy of Tina Fey.
- able or inclined to laugh
- of or connected with laughter
- causing laughter; laughable; funny; amusing
Origin of risibleFrench ; from Late Latin risibilis ; from Classical Latin risus, past participle of ridere, to laugh: see ridicule
- Relating to laughter or used in eliciting laughter.
- Eliciting laughter; ludicrous.
- Capable of laughing or inclined to laugh.
Origin of risibleLate Latin r&imacron;sibilis, from Latin r&imacron;sus, past participle of r&imacron;d&emacron;re, to laugh.
(comparative more risible, superlative most risible)
From French risible. from Late Latin rÄ«sibilis, rÄ«sus (“laughter") + -ibilis, from the perfect passive participle of rÄ«deÅ (“laugh").