humorous[hyo̵̅o̅′mər əs, yo̵̅o̅′-]
- The definition of humorous is funny or comical.
An example of humorous is a comedy show that makes the whole audience roar with laughter.
- having or expressing humor; funny; amusing; comical
- Archaic whimsical; capricious
Origin of humoroushumor + -ous; humoroussense ; from French humoreux (; from L), humoroussense ; from Classical Latin humorosus
- Full of or characterized by humor; funny: a humorous story.
- Employing or showing humor; witty: a humorous writer.
- Archaic Given to moods or whims; capricious.
- Obsolete Damp; moist.
(comparative more humorous, superlative most humorous)