The definition of humorous is funny or comical.adjective
An example of humorous is a comedy show that makes the whole audience roar with laughter.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- having or expressing humor; funny; amusing; comical
- Archaic whimsical; capricious
Origin: humor + -ous; humoroussense < Fr humoreux (< L), humoroussense < L humorosus
- humorously adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Full of or characterized by humor; funny: a humorous story.
- Employing or showing humor; witty: a humorous writer.
- Archaic Given to moods or whims; capricious.
- Obsolete Damp; moist.
- huˈmor·ous·ly adverb
- huˈmor·ous·ness noun