- The definition of witty is someone or something that is funny and clever.
An example of witty is a comedian who always has a great comeback.
witty definition by Webster's New World
witty definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective wit·ti·er, wit·ti·est
- Possessing or demonstrating wit in speech or writing; very clever and humorous.
- Characterized by or having the nature of wit; funny or jocular: a witty saying.
- Quick to discern and express amusing insights or relationships.
- Entertainingly and strikingly clever or original in concept, design, or performance: a witty sculpture; witty choreography.
- witˈti·ly adverb
- witˈti·ness noun