- The definition of amusing is someone who provides entertainment or who incites laughter.
An example of someone who is amusing is someone who likes to tell jokes.
amusing definition by Webster's New World
- entertaining; diverting
- causing laughter or mirth
- amusingly adverb
amusing definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Entertaining or pleasing.
- Arousing laughter.
- a·musˈing·ly adverb
- a·musˈing·ness noun
Variant of amuse
- to keep pleasantly or enjoyably occupied or interested; entertain: we amused ourselves with games
- to make laugh, smile, etc. by being comical or humorous
- Obsolete to engage the attention of so as to deceive; delude; bemuse
Origin: French amuser ; from à, at plush Old French muser, to stare fixedly, muse