- entertaining; diverting
- causing laughter or mirth
The definition of amusing is someone who provides entertainment or who incites laughter.
An example of someone who is amusing is someone who likes to tell jokes.
- Entertaining or pleasing.
- Arousing laughter.
- Present participle of amuse.
(comparative more amusing, superlative most amusing)
- It was sweet and amusing by turns.
- His mock heroics are, to say the least, amusing, and among these may be mentioned Myszeis, where he describes how King Popiel, according to the legend, was eaten up by rats.
- He gave amusing illustrations of the absurdity and poverty of the current pulpit oratory of his day, some of them being taken from the sermons of his own father.
- It is amusing and pathetic to see Helen with her dolls.
- After all, you must understand that besides your pleasure there is such a thing as other people's happiness and peace, and that you are ruining a whole life for the sake of amusing yourself!