An example of someone who is amusing is someone who likes to tell jokes.
- entertaining; diverting
- causing laughter or mirth
- Entertaining or pleasing.
- Arousing laughter.
- Present participle of amuse.
(comparative more amusing, superlative most amusing)
Variant of amuse
transitive verbamused, amusing
- to keep pleasantly or enjoyably occupied or interested; entertain: we amused ourselves with games
- to make laugh, smile, etc. by being comical or humorous
- Obsolete to engage the attention of so as to deceive; delude; bemuse
Origin of amuseFrench amuser ; from à, at + Old French muser, to stare fixedly, muse