- Present participle of fracture.
- The act by which something is fractured.
Variant of fracture
- a breaking or being broken
- a break, crack, or split
- a break in a body part, esp. in a bone, or a tear in a cartilage
- the texture, shape, etc. of the broken surface of a mineral as distinct from when it breaks along its cleavage plane: conchoidal fracture
Origin of fractureMiddle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin fractura, a breaking, breach, cleft ; from past participle of frangere, break