- Smashing means something is really good.
An example of smashing is what you say to friends when they offer to take you out for a drink.
- The definition of smashing is crushing.
An example of smashing used as an adjective is a smashing loss in a sporting event.
- that smashes
- Informal outstandingly good; extraordinary
- smashingly adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Serving to smash: a smashing blow to the head.
- Informal Extraordinarily impressive or fine; wonderful: a smashing success.
- smashˈing·ly adverb