The definition of impressive is something that leaves a feeling of awe or admiration.
A young child who can play a musical instrument very well is an example of impressive.
having or tending to have a strong effect on the mind or emotions; eliciting wonder or admiration
Making a strong positive impression; inspiring admiration or awe: an impressive achievement.
(comparative more impressive, superlative most impressive)
- Making, or tending to make, an impression; having power to impress; adapted to excite attention and feeling, to touch the sensibilities, or affect the conscience; as, an impressive discourse; an impressive scene.
- Capable of being impressed.
- The most impressive piece was a massive oak table.
- If the outside was impressive, the inside was magnificent.
- "Impressive," the man behind him said.
- His special gift lay in the power to make what had been traditionally received impressive, to give to it its proper form, and to gain for it new currency.
- Next morning they all assembled for the final parting, and many of the officials and courtiers came to look upon the impressive ceremonies.