impressionistic[im pres̸h′ən is′tik]
impressionistic definition by Webster's New World
- conveying a quick or overall impression
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- impressionistically adverb
impressionistic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or practicing impressionism.
- Of, relating to, or predicated on impression as opposed to reason or fact: impressionistic memories of early childhood.
- im·presˌsion·isˈti·cal·ly adverb