The definition of reminiscent is a person or thing that tends to remind you of something or that resembles someone.adjective
An example of something that would be described as reminiscent is a painting by a new painter that resembles a Picasso and that reminds you of a Picasso.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- having the nature of or characterized by reminiscence
- given to reminiscing, or recalling past experiences
- bringing to mind something else; suggestive (of)
Origin: L reminiscens, prp. of reminisci < re-, again + memini, to remember: for IE base see mind
- reminiscently adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Having the quality of or containing reminiscence.
- Inclined to engage in reminiscence.
- Tending to recall or suggest something in the past: an evening reminiscent of happier times.
Origin: Latin reminīscēns, reminīscent-, present participle of reminīscī, to recollect; see men-1 in Indo-European roots.
- remˌi·nisˈcent·ly adverb