- The definition of reminiscent is a person or thing that tends to remind you of something or that resembles someone.
An example of something that would be described as reminiscent is a painting by a new painter that resembles a Picasso and that reminds you of a Picasso.
- having the nature of or characterized by reminiscence
- given to reminiscing, or recalling past experiences
- bringing to mind something else; suggestive (of)
Origin of reminiscentClassical Latin reminiscens, present participle of reminisci ; from re-, again + memini, to remember: for Indo-European base see mind
- Having the quality of or containing reminiscence.
- Inclined to engage in reminiscence.
- Tending to recall or suggest something in the past: an evening reminiscent of happier times.
Origin of reminiscentLatin reminīscēns, reminīscent-, present participle of reminīscī, to recollect; see men-1 in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more reminiscent, superlative most reminiscent)
- One who is addicted to indulging, narrating, or recording reminiscences.